Roxio Toast Titanium has long been the de facto standard when it comes to burning DVDs and CDs on a Mac. It's packed with features which allow you not only to record disks but also perform backups, edit video and audio and manage your TiVo recorded TV shows.
Roxio Toast Titanium has a very clear user interface. The side panel contains all the simplest functions for choosing which type of disk you want to burn, including Data, music, VCD, DivX, Video_TS, or just plain DVD... the program now also supports Blu-Ray Disks. Simply select the disk type, drag and drop the files you want on the disk and hit the big red button!
If you want to create your own DVD with menus and other features, Roxio Toast Titanium has several templates to help you along, or you can create your own custom menus. The new Batch DVD-Video function is great to quickly compress or convert videos to DVD.
In terms of new features, the most significant addition to Roxio Toast Titanium 11 is higher quality export profiles for export to Vimeo, an updated Roku video export profile and audio CD projects now allows up to 199 tracks.
Toast can still automatically connect to your TiVo and copy shows and movies across to your Mac, ready to watch there, convert for a portable device or burn to disk. Your EyeTV shows can be streamed from the internet to your Mac or iPhone. Roxio Toast Titanium also adds some limited yet welcome editing features, in this case, trimming and cropping to clean up your videos.
If creating audio CDs is your thing than you'll like the fingerprinting technology which helps you identify tracks with no name. Another interesting feature of Roxio Toast Titanium is Data Recovery which tries to rescue data from a damaged (i.e. scratched) optical disk. Though not 100% effective, the program works hard to rescue as much data as possible, meaning that data which was previously lost for good can now potentially be rescued.
As usual, Roxio Toast Titanium has some slight problems concerning inter-compatibility with older versions and with software from other manufacturers.
In all, Roxio Toast Titanium is a complete utility for working with optical disk formats, whether you're burning, recovering or backing-up data.
- Resolves crash issue encountered by some users in Audio projects
- Resolves issue with inconsistent burn speeds
- Resolves error that occured with Fit-to-DVD option enabled
- Resolves issue where having a low-resolution image at the start of a video project would result in poor video quality
- Resolves issue that would result in some set-top Blu-ray players being unable to correctly seek back or forward within a title
- AVCHD view in Media Browser will no longer keep jumping to top while content is being indexed
- Audio CD track list can now be copied to clipboard
- Audio preview controls now allow rewind and fast-forward within a single track